Monday, September 8, 2014

From the youngest crew on board Island Home, Scott(9)- Unedited

MAURITIUS!!!We left Cape Town in the afternoon. We all saw seals,whales,and
dolphins as we'll. we sailed around Cape Town and got to false bay in 4
hours which was quick. The boat kept its speed up for the night. I slept on
the couch for the night. The next morning I got a little more better at
being more not puking but still haven't gotten over it yet. That afternoon
we sailed till Cape Agulhas. we got tied up to a buoy but stuffed up so dad
had to go in the freezing cold water which was like 12 degrees cold. The
other bad thing was it was like 8.00pm. we had to shine a torch to keep on
track of where he was. We had trouble because we had our keels stuck which
sucked. So that's why he had to hop in. The noise was that bad we all
didn't get a decent night sleep. The next morning we had to leave for
another anchorage spot out side of the bay. We did a different way of
getting the further away buoy untied.Step 1:Untie the first buoy tied to
the bowStep 2:Turn the motors onStep 3:Slowly move side ways toward the
buoyÊStep 4:ÊGet the nearest hook that can extendÊStep 5:ÊExtend the hook
and angle the Captain to the spot you want him to go toÊStep 6:ÊQuickly
grab the buoy and untie the rope before you stuff up the propsÊWARNING:
Always have an helper in this job other wise get your butt in to gear ready
for a tuff job.We got untied ready to enter out. We waited for the
breakers? to pass and miss us. We didn't sail obviously because It was only
half a kilometre or so. We settled in the anchorage spot outside the bay.
We had breakfast or lunch or whatever we had and then me and Phil obviously
did the stupid dishes like always. We did the dishes and saw some whales
making a R18? Talent show which I meant doing it together like humpy back
whales do. We waited in the saloon looking at the weather for the next 5
days to see if I wouldn't puke but if it was 6-8 meter swell they wouldn't
care anyway for my workers in my belly they would make my little men chuck
out all my food and make me sick and yes I'm talking about my dad. But
luckily I was safe it would be say 3-5 meter swell. We recognised the sky
had given us a little darkness. The sky turned black so Jasmijn and I took
photos but I did a video and she did a photo.( I forgot to wright ) we had
custard and fruit with tea or coffee. We had with caramel waffles ( which
in Dutch it was said stroopwafels ).( Going forward now ). We sat in the
saloon for the most of the time. I can't remember what we had for dinner
that night but it was something like sausage and potatoes with fruit salad
with some other things. We set sail the next day for mossel bay which was
another 170 nautical miles away. We had to sail for 1 and a half days. We
sailed and sailed for the next day and a half. I did my first night watch
with Jasmijn And I an had appetiser while she had white wine yuck!!!.Phil
got bored and came to help do a night watch but instead we looked at little
blue sparkle speck things that come from out of the water. We looked at the
silver moon shine on the the water as well as the stars which I saw a few
stars that gathered up together and looked like a rat or mice. We kept an
eye out for any Tankers or Cargo ships but only thought a lighthouse was an
other ship in the distance but wasn't one. I stayed up till the 8.00 pm
night watch before I had to go for a shower. I went for a shower but mum
had to be my assistant for washing my body. Once I got out of the shower I
got changed and said good night to everyone and then fell asleep on dad and
mums bed dreaming of making a wooden catamaran. In the morning I recognised
we were at mossel bay and I woke Phil up to show him the big boat called
Smit-loyde we tied up next to a fishing boat haha we tied up to a cleat at
the bow but as the back we tied the rope to all the fishing lines we had to
see if we could find a spot for shelter for 36 hours but we only could do
36 hours because our visas were expired. When Paul got back from port
control security or police came to see what we were doing but they allowed
us to stay for 36 hours we got a spot at the end of the jetty and
apparently there was a big rock I had to look out for. We got tied to the
jetty and we had breakfast. ( sorry readers I don't know what happened
after breakfast ) the next the next day later we didn't leave and became
illegal citizens. The next night or so we went to the very first maverick
owners farm near George and went there for dinner it was about a 45 minute
drive away. Once we got there we met a super cute dog called Rover?. He got
aggressive once he new us more I saw a quad and got more excited. The even
better thing was we got to play Xbox we played some games and got stuck in
one game for the whole time. I asked joe the oldest son if me and Phil
could go on the quad and he took us took us around. Once I hopped on I got
a little anxious but as soon as I pushed the knob thingy I wasn't anxious
any more we drove around on the quad to the lambs and on board the quad was
me Phil joe and Rover?. When we looked at the first herd of lamb we all
stepped in lamb crap when we left we headed over 4-5 hills before getting
to the 2 herd of lamb. We came to the lambs because there was a lamb that
was born that morning when we headed back I warned Phil not to scare the
baby lamb because it was only little. It was Phil's turn to go back but he
went slower than me because Rover? was on the back and he tried to jump
off. As soon as we got back we went to have dinner for dinner we had corn
pap and delicious bread with sauce and a little bit of chilli in it. We had
4 different tiles of sausage and some lamb with chicken. Me and Phil went
back in the game room and played Xbox with cream soda as a drink. We had a
other one for desert and missed out on chocolate mouse with cone things. We
had to leave because of those stupid contacts of mums. We left back to the
boat once we got back we said bonjour to everyone and gave everyone a hug
and once we got on the boat we all went to bed.ÊThe next morning we went to
a museum to see things from ages ago we went to an taquarium and then we
saw a big ship which discovered South Africa in 1488 by Diaz when we went
up stairs we saw a dentist chair and a dentist kit when we left it was like
12.00pm in the afternoon. We went to the yacht club and we had wine
appetisers and fish with pizza I met two boys called Christian and Anthony
which went up to two random girls and went aaaaayyyyyy!!!! Sexy lady and it
made me embarrassed. I had to look for there sisters which one of the said
one of the sisters were hot. Which I saw her I'd not been to sure?. We left
and they said there boat was called SEA BORN and ours was right in front of
us and they had seen our boat and had got jealous because it was bigger.
Anyway we left and we got back to the boat we got a plate of nibbles and
had that for a for a full dinner the next morning we had breakfast and we
untied from the jetty's and that was it we had our chance to charge
everything and we would be heading out for open ocean and wouldn't be
seeing land for the next 2 weeks?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Scott, nice post. We also cursed that stupid contacts of your Mom ! You must visit us again...with or without your family. Always nice to have a bed in Africa !! Have a nice trip !

    ReplyDelete