Thursday, November 17, 2011

Positivity Negativity Reality

Crazy thing about traversing the oceans is that one never stands still
,keep on moving and never sleeps at the same place twice.In life it is
the same ,you keep on evolving ,adding years ,even thougfh we often feel
we are stagnating.Evolving can take a long time ,to get to the next
level.But finally it dawns on you that you see things differently.Out
here things might seem the same,the ocean,the skies,the sun and the
moon,but if you take note they are changing all the time.

I used to be a very positive person ,always thinking that negativity
only holds you back.I still think it does ,but I have gained new respect
for it.As day turns into night and night turns into day the two need
each other to make life possible.If you have only day things will soon
turn sour ,if you have only night ,nothing will grow.So it is with
pleasure and pain,loss and gain,they all go hand in hand.

When our emotions are allowed to run riot we loose the ability to see
clearly.Why must we always feel good ,why must we always be happy .We
try for sure ,thinking that life is about reaching a state of permanent
feeling good and happy.And when you are not happy or not feeling good
everything seems meaningless ,even life itself.But if you look around
you ,you realize that good times and bad times are equally
important.Wishful thinking leaves you dissilusioned .

If I love and am grateful for both good and bad ,happy and sad I find
myself in a heightened state of awareness , a state of reality.But I
guess you know all this ,I am only beginning to see it lately.Learning
to balance positivity and negativity with reality.I have much more to
learn about these things but I sense I am on the right track.

On another note we are halfway between St.Helena and Brazil.The last day
or so the sun has been more dominant during the day and suddenly we are
walking around in shorts and t-shirts.More correctly,sitting around.I am
also starting to realize that if you don't use your muscles you will
start loosing the proper function of them.And after many years on the
ocean and having sailed more than four times around the globe I now know
I need to exercise,that it is vitally important.And every day I say I
will start but have not done much in that department yet.I have always
been blessed with excellent health and felt naturally fit but little
squeeks and pains are trying to tell me that I should take more care.

On board all is well and one day is flowing into the next.We are getting
into the flow of things and have attained a certain state of harmony.I
can assure you we are all enjoying our time out here,all for our
individual reasons.Yes,we miss our loved ones all the time.

I wish you a splendid day.On our side we will try and keep it real.

No comments:

Post a Comment