Sunday, April 18, 2021

Starry nights

No clouds in the sky, no wind, no problem. Motoring with the Gori folding props in overdrive keeps us at 6.5kts at 1800rpm. Seas are flat with a gentle swell rolling through.

A good time to set up our fishing lures. Not that we normally catch fish in such calm conditions, but getting ready for when fishing conditions improves

A spectacular sunset, and cherry red. I thought we may see a green flash, but I guess there was too much haziness on the horizon. We set our time back an hour, to have sunset and sunrise around six.

Last night the sliver of moon dropped below the horizon, and the skies were set alight by gazillions of stars. To my left the Southern Cross, and across the skies, every now and then, a meteor burns long thin blue lines.

This morning early it was, as it always is, an incredible blessing to watch the skies growing lighter from the east. At first just a hint, but unstoppable the night turns into day.

We have some wind to work with today, and looking forward at the weather predicted, we should be able to sail again for the next few days. And once again I am reminded that the only constant factor out here is change.

A thought that came up this morning, and apt for a Sunday I guess. People are easy to say God loves you, God bless you, God forgive you. What if God is part of us, and we could say and understand, I love you, I bless you, I forgive you. And then the most difficult one saying it to ourselves. I love me, I bless me, I forgive me. When you take back your power, your freedom and with knowing that, your responsibility.

Have a wonderful day

Paul

Sent from Iridium Mail & Web.

1 comment:

  1. I like your thoughts Paul.
    One Love 🙂
    Enjoy !

    ReplyDelete