Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hola Fortaleza Ciao ciao till we meet again

As hoped for,we reached Fortaleza on Monday afternoon,albeit late
afternoon.Filling the watertanks required some hose fitting we had to
take here place there and borrow a hosepipe from a French yachtie,all
taking up our precious time.Once the tanks were full,we rinsed off the
salt residue collected from sailing on the beam a day or two with a
splash over us now and then.

The restaurant at the hotel only opened at 7
pm and we had half an hour or so to take a dip in the pool and be at the
restaurant on time.A fairly good buffet with sumptious desert were
enjoyed before we headed back to the boat,casted off and disappeared
into the night.

The day we arrived at Fortaleza was also our first 200 + miles a day on
this trip and we did the same for the next 24 hours after leaving
Fortaleza.We regularly surf at 14 + knots and attained a maximum speed
of 19.8 knots,outrunning the wave we were surfing on and hooking into
the next one,leaving us a wide eyed and bushy tailed.

We are now also off the shallow banks and are looking forward to hooking
into some serious current.The equator is now not to far away and if all
goes well we will cross it tonight.The initiation for both my crew and a
few other special requests will also be adhered to when we cross.

On this note I will leave you to imagine what it feels like to surf at
three the times the average speed on a catamaran.

Adios

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a great run, 19kts is flying. I am sure the new guys are enjoying the thrilling ride. Hold thumbs for the Bafana game tonight. Cheers Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sitting here with my Bafana shirt on trying to keep in the sun coming through the window.It is very cold around 5 degrees yesterday and today looks similar. My little pug has found her spot in the sun and I hear her snoring away,I suspect she will bite me if I try to move her.Cheryl has chores lined up for me so I had better not stay on the net to long, "hulle se jy kry nie kwaai vrouens,maar jy kry bang mans" It seems that the tumble drier is on the blink,probably the Band around the drum again.
    It was great seeing Gareth on Skype and I caught a glimpse of Malcolm in the Background.Both seemed very chripy and full of fun.Malcolm if you can get Gareth looking like Charles Atlas I will be very surprised,but keep trying I am sure some young Ladies somewhere will appreciate your efforts.At least he is shaving,someones good habits seem to be rubbing off.

    Great to hear of the speed you guys are getting on somne waves must be really exhilerating lets hope you can keep up the momentum for a while.Dont go too fast as I am sure King Neptune has something up his sleeve for the newbies.

    May God Bless and look after you.

    ReplyDelete