Sunday, June 27, 2010

What and experience

As we sail/motor into Tortola this morning 36 days have gone passed and
I still have that excited feeling in my belly that some thing different
brings you and which I have experienced every day since we left Cape
Town.
This has been pure magic, whether I can fit back into life as I know it,
or not,is going to be interesting. I have read a number of books which
have only helped to further rattle my mind two of which are A New Earth
by Eckhart Tolle and The Art of Redemption by Stuart Wilde, both worth a
read.
For me, who thought I was in touch with the weather and what made it
work, this has been a learning experience second to none, especially as
we have had two full moons, some fairly heavy weather, some fantastic
weather, numerous displays by the universe in the form of dolphin, sea
birds with attitude (Pete), fish with attitude ( Gareths barracouta
that was not happy about the way we pulled him on board) and the Tuna
eating frenzy on my birthday. The down to earth people who you meet at
each stop all with huge smiles, we even had Cool Runnings come along
side to see if we needed anything.
And then you realize this is a job, Pauls JOB one that is requires an
individual that is prepared to take on in your face responsibility,NOW.
Here you live in the moment and this is undoubtedly the best place to
learn about it.
This man is as cool as they come, but alert to every slight change in
weather or engine tone,not over serious but takes complete charge always.
I knew I was privilaged to be on this trip and now that it is nearly over
I am can only reiterate my thanks to everybody concerned.
When I originally thanked who I thought was everybody I left out the main
bods. Nicky and Louis at Tui Marine thank you for everything.
Mom,I think your boy will be OK, he has had his leg pulled very badly and
has almost lost the "I am not a morning person look". He now eats
fish,mussels a bit of avo, although with long teeth, struggles with his
greens, fortuneatly there was not a lot on the menu.He still talks in
short hand but has had to repeat a lot so you can now understand
him.(Incidently my hearing is very good).Charles Atlas he is not but there
is a realization that exercise is good and it is all abuot personal
discipline.
Thanks Paul and Gareth for a magic trip.

Mal

1 comment: